We found out about 6 weeks ago that we are having a little girl!! We are so very excited! Though, I would have been just as happy with another boy.( I kinda love my boy, a lot.) I cannot wait to meet our baby girl, see who she looks like and have her snuggle on my chest. Can Not Wait!
This pregnancy has had a lot of differences than the first! I actually had nausea this time around. With Isaiah, it was almost non existent! I seem to dream ALOT this time. Some mornings I wake up and feel like I never fell asleep! Believe it or not, I've had a lot more energy this time around! Maybe I just had to find it somewhere since I've been chasing around a 2 year old!! All in all though, I'm enjoying this pregnancy just as I did Isaiah's. It is pure blessing to get to carry this sweet little girl and have her grow inside of me. I have to remind myself to pay attention to this sweet time. There isn't as much free time this time around to ponder and think and enjoy having her safe inside of me, but what a blessing it is. It really is going by so fast!!
Everything checked out great at our anatomy ultrasound! She got everything she's supposed to. Her heart rate was almost exactly the same as Isaiah's was during that time 143. We all three loved getting to watch her squirm. During the first ultrasound at 10 weeks, Isaiah was watching and he held out his hand and said "hold you." Melted my heart!!
I've so enjoyed seeing Isaiah show love to his little sister! From the beginning of the pregnancy, he has understood that there is a baby in my belly. He would hold up his fingers as if measuring and say "bitty." One day, I was pouring myself a glass of water and I told him that the baby in my belly needs lots of water to stay healthy. He immediately lifted my shirt and held his sippy cup up to my belly. He loves to give her kisses and he's even tried to share his toys with her. Sometimes he just spontaneously runs to me and hugs my belly and says "me ug my sistew." He loves her already and his understanding of her existence has and continues to amaze me. I can't wait for them to meet!
One thing that I've really really slacked on is the belly shots! Woops!! What can I say, I'm Mommy to a very busy little boy! I'm going to try to do better from here on out!! Here's what I've taken so far though:
5 weeks! The day we found out!!
(in New York City)
15 weeks!!
19 week comparison!! Isaiah on the left, baby girl on the right!


I had the same dilemma with my blog about changing the name! I still haven't decided what to do.
ReplyDeleteIt's so different being pregnant the second time, isn't it?